Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Katie's Cupcakes: Gingerbread Cupcake

Today I took a chilly walk down to Katie's Cupcakes.
 I walked into her shop greeted by a warm heater and a lovely display of cupcakes. I was going to do my tips/ review on the very vanilla cupcake, but the gingerbread one looked so good. I couldn't pass up the experience to eat it.
This cupcake had a gingerbread cake, whipped frosting, and a gingerbread cookie one top. The cookie and frosting, by themselves, where delicious. The cake by itself was not as moist as I expected and I wish it had more of a ginger or molasses flavor. However, when you take a bite with the frosting and the cake, the cake becomes moist. The frosting was perfect; not heavy or too sweet. I then tried the cookie with the frosting and cake to see if it had that ginger element that I wanted. It did, but I could have used more. I know some of my friends don't enjoy a heavy taste of molasses/ ginger, so for the general public it was probably a wise choice of not enhancing the flavor too much. The cookie also gave the cupcake and interesting crunchy texture.

 
All in all I was very pleased. Katie, you did your wonderful work again.
Kirsten


No comments:

Post a Comment